Old 27-01-2010, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Johnson[_2_] Alan Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Digital Min/Max Thermometer

Ford Prefect wrote:
Thanks Alan,
Did a bit of a surf and the Voltcraft looks a nice little unit,
however I was hoping to find one that had a central unit that plugs
(or sends data wirelessly) into a PC and receives temp info from
wireless sensors.
Quick question on the Voltcraft DL-120TH can it be left say in a
greenhouse for a week and record data every 24 hours then connected to
the PC and produce a graph of daily min/max temps for that week?

Hi Ford,

If I understand you correctly, no, it won't log discrete days over a
week. But it will log the temperature and humidity for the week. It
needs to be programmed to do that, which is very simple. You could also
cover two weeks, a month, even a year. It has its own built-in graph
viewer but will also export the data as an Excel, text, or Bitmap file.
In Excel you can then split the data into discrete days, if that's what
you are after (also very simple). Good for comparisons, obviouisly.

Does that help?

Regards

Alan