Old 31-01-2010, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Laptop questions

On 1/30/2010 5:26 PM, wrote:

As for your macbook. If you're just boot it directly to Windows
instead of bothering to boot OSX, start parallels, and then boot
that to Windows. (IE use bootcamp), Windows should run quite speedily.
Power management will suck, but it probably did with parallels anyways.
The other option is see if you can get AQ+ to run under WINE.
No, I don't know how well WINE works on OSX.
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX
Might help you make a decision. Remember, if it breaks, you get to keep
both parts.
Also, have you maxed out the memory on your macbook? Some macbook pros
can be expanded to 8GB RAM.

Well I thought of using bootcamp. Or supposedly there's a way to run
windows programs in OSX in parallels' 'coherence mode'. I'm just too
unfamiliar with the way an apple works to dink around with it. I guess
I should take a class before I dump the thing (blush) Might help, huh?
BTW yes, the version macbook I have comes maxxed at 2GB RAM. Its the
14" screen. Other than the fact its so dang slow I love the thing.
Light, good feel to the keyboard, good color reproduction. But mostly
'cause its light. I don't feel bad hauling it around.

K Barrett