Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default French Marigolds In Vegetable Garden

EVP MAN wrote:
Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable
garden. Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! What do
you say? I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't
see where it could hurt my crops any.

To the best of my knowledge marigolds don't contain any insecticide. Some
have a strong smell and some don't. The strongly smelling ones may repell
pests but I cannot vouch for it. I can vouch for the fact that snails love
marigolds.

David