Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default French Marigolds In Vegetable Garden

Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable garden.
Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! What do you say?
I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't see where it
could hurt my crops any.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Feb 2, 5:28*pm, (EVP MAN) wrote:
Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable garden.
Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! *What do you say?
I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't see where it
could hurt my crops any. *

Well they sure don't stop my deer but the do help with bees and
therefore pollination.

MJ
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

EVP MAN wrote:
Some say marigolds help to deter certain pests in the vegetable
garden. Others say it's nothing more than an old wives tale! What do
you say? I may plant some this spring with my vegetables as I don't
see where it could hurt my crops any.

To the best of my knowledge marigolds don't contain any insecticide. Some
have a strong smell and some don't. The strongly smelling ones may repell
pests but I cannot vouch for it. I can vouch for the fact that snails love
marigolds.

David