Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Forsythia softwood stems sometimes fuse together

On 4 Feb, 22:12, "Ben Short" wrote:
"Ben Short" wrote in message

... In humid temperature I've noticed my Forsythia softwood stems sometimes
fuse together, please can anyone tell me what this process is called?

Thanks to the both of you. x

What you are having if you have 2 stems that come together and join
then seperate and grow away is a "Natural Graft" this can happen with
in nature with plants growing close to each other.
fasciation happens to an individual stem and doesnt involve a second
stem.
David Hill