Old 07-02-2010, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline

Default Unknown succulents

"joevan" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:39:24 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

That is a nice page. Many times I go to see what and the photos are
not very good. Nice to see one that is readable.

I agree. It's apalling how bad the pictures are on most horticultural
sites. I take no issue with readability or accuracy of content with most of
them but countless times I've had a vague idea what I thought a plant's name
might be and I've looked to confirm it before I put it on one of my pictures
and posted it, only to be disappointed after googling the name and then
having to stare at small blurry pictures that were so bad I couldn't tell
what I was looking at. It's ridiculous. Most of these sites are in the
business of selling flowers so you'd think they'd want to put decent
illustrations of their goods out there for the public to admire. It is
idiotic that they don't.
--
Pat Durkin (clovers)

http://tiny.cc/Z0EKR