Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Unknown succulents

Attached Thumbnails
Unknown succulents-unknown-succulents.jpg
Old 06-02-2010, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:39:24 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

That is a nice page. Many times I go to see what and the photos are
not very good. Nice to see one that is readable.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I have these in my yard & they are labeled . . . . .
Aeonium arboreum var. artopurpureum 'Schwarzkopf'
Now Pat, aren't you glad you asked? *G*
Cheers Wendy

Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I have these in my yard & they are labeled . . . . .
Aeonium arboreum var. artopurpureum 'Schwarzkopf'
Now Pat, aren't you glad you asked? *G*

Yup. I knew you'd set me straight.
--
Pat Durkin (clovers)

http://tiny.cc/Z0EKR

Old 06-02-2010, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
news

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

Thanks so much Bob. I looked and looked and couldn't find anything on them.
--
Pat Durkin (clovers)

http://tiny.cc/Z0EKR

Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:50:25 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
news

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

Thanks so much Bob. I looked and looked and couldn't find anything on them.

Hens and chicks, I have had in a strawberry pot on my deck. They turn
brown in the winter and then like nothing happened they come back in
the spring and summer.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"joevan" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

That is a nice page. Many times I go to see what and the photos are
not very good. Nice to see one that is readable.

Having found it looking for something relevant to Pat on Aeoniums I've
since had a good look at that web site and it's a gem, looks a bit simple at
first but if you get back to Home and then click into Horticultural Info and
then Archives there are lots of interesting articles similar to the one
above with similar good photos. Unfortunately some of the growing tips don't
travel over the pond but so what.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-02-2010, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote

Aeonium, the dark ones often used over here for summer bedding...

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/mastergarde...um/aeonium.htm

That is a nice page. Many times I go to see what and the photos are
not very good. Nice to see one that is readable.

I agree. It's apalling how bad the pictures are on most horticultural
sites. I take no issue with readability or accuracy of content with most of
them but countless times I've had a vague idea what I thought a plant's name
might be and I've looked to confirm it before I put it on one of my pictures
and posted it, only to be disappointed after googling the name and then
having to stare at small blurry pictures that were so bad I couldn't tell
what I was looking at. It's ridiculous. Most of these sites are in the
business of selling flowers so you'd think they'd want to put decent
illustrations of their goods out there for the public to admire. It is
idiotic that they don't.
--
Pat Durkin (clovers)

http://tiny.cc/Z0EKR

[IMG] code is On

Mini cacti & succulents *picture link* Brian Gardening 1 09-04-2004 02:02 PM
Succulents Katra Edible Gardening 0 21-03-2004 09:32 PM
Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics Shell91 Gardening 4 19-11-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] succulents as bonsai Peter Le Roux Bonsai 3 30-08-2003 06:12 PM
[IBC] succulents as bonsai Craig Cowing Bonsai 15 29-08-2003 07:42 PM