Old 08-02-2010, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Cutting polycarbonate sheeting?

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message

The great thing about it is its strength. At the last house we converted
the previous owner's semi-undergrount trout pool (!) into a
semi-underground octagonal greenhouse by roofing it with triple-glazed
polycarbonate sheeting (4 x 16ft sheets!) - and with rafters every 2ft
apart it was easily strong enough to walk on ...

Hope this helps
Adrian

Adrian that is fantastic news with regards to walking on it. As you will see
in the photos below

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=WG86SSIG

my joists are 18 inches apart and I have never dared walk on the
joists/sheeting. It would help matters as far as maintenance to the building
etc if I could. Your suggestion please. Blanket and planks on top?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk