Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting polycarbonate sheeting?

In article , says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Anyone know the best way of cutting the large triple walled Polycarbonate
sheets? I am thinking of making a lean too shade greenhouse using this to
help with heat loss in winter. Roof is easy as I have made the base so its
whole sheets in each direction but sides will obviously have some funny
shapes and I need to check how easy it is to work with.

When I made the roof of our little greenhouse out of twin wall I used a
jigsaw with the correct blade for such stuff, quite easy actually. Just make
sure you mark the plastic and keep a firm hand of the saw making sure it's
flat against the sheet at all times.
You will need to tidy up (carefully) with a file or sandpaper afterwards.
The thought was much worse than the deed.

Thanks to all posters for the encouraging words, I will keep you all
posted when I start (next year now, but I am building the base so wanted
some idea what I was doing!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk