Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Fungus on tree stump

Pam Moore wrote:
I had a tree cut down a couple of years ago. Stump still in situ.
It has developed some fungi, but I don't think it's honey fungus; too
orangey. I've seen HF before and Googled pictures.
Any ideas what I might do to get rid of it?
Armillatox?

It would help if you said what the tree was - many - most - fungi are
fairly host-specific.

If you could post a pic somewhere, it would help too.

Failing anyone here knowing, point alt.nature.mushrooms at the pic.

--
Rusty