Old 12-02-2010, 09:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
George[_14_] George[_14_] is offline

Default What To Do About Our Lawn

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Over the past years our lawn has turned to moss and I've been unable to
reverse it. I've overseeded, put down lime, fertilizer, and moss killer.
We live in Harvard, MA. The lawn is small with trees right up to the
edge.

We had three landscapers look at it,

The first was a local landscaper who said there was too much shade (the
trees have grown in the almost thirty years we've lived here). He added
that a lawn company would offer to replant it for $2300 but would be dead
again in a few years.

The second quoted $2200 to replant and promised shade tolerant grass
would work.

The third offered much the same but for only $1300.

I'm inclined to believe the first guy but, obviously, don't like that
answer.

I'm not sure how to go from here. Any suggestions? I don't want to cut
down trees

you haven't mentioned whether it is possible to thin out the trees to let
more light in. Is that an option to cutting them down.

rob