Old 14-02-2010, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Fungus on tree stump

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:40:17 +0000, Rusty Hinge
wrote:

Pam Moore wrote:
I had a tree cut down a couple of years ago. Stump still in situ.
It has developed some fungi, but I don't think it's honey fungus; too
orangey. I've seen HF before and Googled pictures.
Any ideas what I might do to get rid of it?
Armillatox?

It would help if you said what the tree was - many - most - fungi are
fairly host-specific.

If you could post a pic somewhere, it would help too.

Failing anyone here knowing, point alt.nature.mushrooms at the pic.

It was a Judas tree (cercis siliquastrum) which outgrew its space.
It's taken me an hour or so, but I've put 3 photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pamsnz/

If they are edible, well that would be great.
These are added to my New Zealand photos from 2 years ago. I've not
touched the site since!
Also added are the very early snowdrops I asked about which were well
up and in bud before the snow in early January.
Perhaps no distinguishing features as they were not in full bloom when
I took the photo a couple of weeks ago.
TIA

Pam in Bristol