Old 15-02-2010, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Seed Potatoes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Reading the Kitchen Garden I notice you can now buy seed potatoes direct
from a Scottish grower.

Their URL is... www.jbaseedpotatoes.co.uk

Handy if you can't get to a Potato day.

We went to the Hampshire Potato Day, but noticed that they didn't have some
of our old favourites. However, JBA Seed Potatoes did, so I certainly
wouldn't hesitate to use them in future.

Our current favourite is Rooster, also Red King Eds and Arran Victory. We
found the E. European ones like Sarpo were heavy croppers but didn't have
much flavour.

Alan Romans' guide is the best we've found for descriptions of potato
characteristics. He used to come to Potato Days but we haven't seen him for
a few years now.

http://www.alanromans.com/p-1530-ala...-potatoes.aspx

someone