Old 16-02-2010, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default How can I grow Tomatos in the WINTER??

On Feb 16, 7:15*am, Tonyfrost wrote:
Hello folks,
is there anyway I can grow Tomatoes in the winter?
I need to know because I run a pizza hut, and I'm sure that I could
stand up on every other
restaurant if only I could use my own tomato sauce with my own
tomatoes!!!!!!!!

My wife grows winter tomatoes in the greenhouse for our salads but
you'd need a pretty big greenhouse to supply all of your tomatoes for
making sauce over the winter, wouldn't you? You'd have to do some
backwards calculations from how many pounds of tomatoes you need each
week and the expected yield in pounds per plant to derive the number
of plants needed. Heating a greenhouse isn't cheap so producing your
own might not be economically viable.

pli