Old 16-02-2010, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default How can I grow Tomatos in the WINTER??

In article ,
"Suzanne D." wrote:

"Dan L." wrote in message news:doesnotwork-
I find winter hot house tomatoes not as good as summer garden grown
tomatoes. A friend has a greenhouse house and the winter grown tomatoes
are no where near as good as those grown in the summer.

This is definitely true, but then, tomatoes grown in your own greenhouse in
the winter are still better than tomatoes grown in Mexico and shipped to
your store in the winter.
--S.

You know where they came from and how they were treated, but do they
taste different, after being cooked and seasoned and turned into tomato
sauce. If you were serving an uncooked tomato sauce, there would be a
little more justification.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines