Old 18-02-2010, 04:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Peppers

Andy Petro wrote:
For over 29 years I have tried to grow Green bell peppers with little
or no success
If I plant 10 pepper plants from the nursery I will get no more 10
peppers . There will be one , or two or none on each one. Average
one per plant. Zone 5 in Canada on the US border. My soil has been
professionaly tested and is excellent.
What am I doing wrong

Chillis and peppers like a long hot summer. You are probably trying to grow
them in a climate that is too cold and/or has a growing season too short.
For the warmest four months of the year what is the typical minimum night
time and day time temperature?

David