Old 18-02-2010, 07:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Peppers

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Andy Petro wrote:
For over 29 years I have tried to grow Green bell peppers with little
or no success
If I plant 10 pepper plants from the nursery I will get no more 10
peppers . There will be one , or two or none on each one. Average
one per plant. Zone 5 in Canada on the US border. My soil has been
professionaly tested and is excellent.
What am I doing wrong

Chillis and peppers like a long hot summer. You are probably trying to grow
them in a climate that is too cold and/or has a growing season too short.
For the warmest four months of the year what is the typical minimum night
time and day time temperature?

David

Most likely, David is right. You may want to look into making row
covers, or cold frames for them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines