Old 18-02-2010, 08:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Peppers

FarmI wrote:
"Andy Petro" wrote in message
For over 29 years I have tried to grow Green bell peppers with
little or no success
If I plant 10 pepper plants from the nursery I will get no more 10
peppers .
There will be one , or two or none on each one. Average one per
plant. Zone 5 in Canada on the US border. My soil has been
professionaly tested and is excellent.
What am I doing wrong

I haven't got a clue what Zone 5 is but I would have thought that the
geographic location you give means that you either wouldn't get enough
summer heat to grow bell peppers aka capsicum, or your growing season
is too short for them to mature. But really, I haven't a clue - will
read responses with interest.

If I read it correctly winter temperature drops down to around -25C (-15F).
This doesn't tell you directly what summer is likely to be but it isn't
promising.