Old 19-04-2003, 02:56 AM
John Carnes

Default [IBC] Rainwater (was: [IBC] Too much lime)

So I gather that these minerals in rainwater are good for trees, or the
lack of minerals in distilled water is bad? I have been using distilled
water because my tapwater results in white deposits (calcium
carbonate, I think) on pots and trunks. I don't think they're harmful, just
unappealing to look at. Any way to get rid of the calcium carbonate in
tap water? I wonder if rainwater picks up anything nasty from shingles
on the roof?
Cheers,
John Carnes

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++