Old 19-04-2003, 02:56 AM
linda mar

Default low light suggestions

Hi,

I'm a newbie, so.. FWIW...

I think crypts are considered foreground plants.. they don't get all that
tall..

you can try getting a tall ornament for the back and plant your java fern
and/or anubias on it so it gives you the illusion of a tall plant...

'enuf said.. I'm sure other knowledgeable people have better suggestions
:-)

linda

"WD" wrote in message
I'm setting up a 20g tank, but for the time being this will be a low-light
tank, right around 1 wpg so I'm making plans for java fern and anubius.

Any
suggestions on what background plants I could try? The cryptocoryne

family,
at least in the FAQ, claims to be a poor beginner plant, and though I now
have 3 planted tanks, feel that I am far from experienced, plus I'd like

stay away from the iron supplement needs.

--
----
Billy

"When the day comes that anyone can bend
our country's laws and lawmakers to serve
selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic
government dies" -- Preston Tucker, 1948