Old 22-02-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Felling Trees now

"Roy Bailey" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes
No it's not a diseased tree, belongs to the council on council land and
needs to come out of it on health and safety to life, property and limb
grounds.

Ah, the usual excuse to get rid of an inconvenient tree.
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.

Not ""Inconvenient"" at all, just dangerous to the extent that if/when it
falls, it falls across a house. The owner has stated that he is more than
willing to replace it with more suitable trees. In fact he has suggested
more suitable ones to be planted AT HIS EXPENSE, note that AT HIS EXPENSE,
if said tree is felled.

Might I respectfully suggest that before you open your very biased mouth,
you do a little research or even ask a few questions into the matter?

In your blind one sided 'tree huggers' view, you failed to notice that
elsewhere in the thread, I reported that a "perfectly healthy tree', as
reported by the Council, fell a couple of years later demolishing part of a
barn, but you wouldn't wish to know that would you? Goes against your tree
hugger's outlook.

A tip. ""Engage brain before engaging fingers on a keyboard on a matter you
know sod all about""

Kindest possible regards

Mike

--
Base for a Botanic visit to the Isle of Wight?
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk