Old 25-02-2010, 12:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default a new tomato record?

"0tterbot" wrote in message
i'm putting up my hand as winning the record for tomatoes this year - i.e.
the record for the slowest-ripening tomatoes!!

i have romas & (self-sown) tigerellas growing, & to date have not had ANY
ripe ones!! there are one or two that are thinking about turning orange.

without wanting to brag, this is surely impressive by anyone's standards
g.
kylie

It is indeed. Our tomatoes were fairly late coming on too this year. They
also aren't a brilliant crop either. I've managed to make one lot of Rich
Tomato Pickle but nothing beyond that other than salads and grilled toms and
done with basil, garlic and olive oil on a certain baker's crusty bread - no
usual glut and there is something boring into the Black Rusian stems. The
apples will be brilliant though.