Old 25-02-2010, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default woven netting source

Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
A number of years ago I purchased some netting, from the internet, to
keep the pigeons off my raised beds, unfortunately I cannot remember
the supplier. It has lasted well, and is woven from a cotton type of
thread rather than any sort of plastic. I have decided that I would
like to buy some with a smaller mesh to keep the butterflies off. Can
anyone please help me with a source?

Last year I bought some to keep off the cabbage whites the caterpillars
of which shredded all my brassicas in 2008. Last autumn I planted caulis
and, knowing I was going to be away from home for Nov & Dec, I used it
also to deter pigeons. Sadly that didn't prevent the mice from entering
from the basement - I was confronted with a sea of nipped off leaves
lying on the ground and well munched tops. But neither butterfly nor
pigeon had entered the cover:-))

I got the netting from link below:

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...Garden_Netting

HTH.

Thanks for the replies. I could not find "soft" netting at the site you
recommended Charlie, however I have ordered from Harrod Horticultural as
gopher recommended, though I have always thought them on the expensive
side!

--
Skulking in the low lands of North Staffordshire
Please reply to group,emails to designated