Old 25-02-2010, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default woven netting source

A number of years ago I purchased some netting, from the internet, to
keep the pigeons off my raised beds, unfortunately I cannot remember the
supplier. It has lasted well, and is woven from a cotton type of thread
rather than any sort of plastic. I have decided that I would like to buy
some with a smaller mesh to keep the butterflies off. Can anyone please
help me with a source?
--
Skulking in the low lands of North Staffordshire
Please reply to group,emails to designated
Old 25-02-2010, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
writes
A number of years ago I purchased some netting, from the internet, to
keep the pigeons off my raised beds, unfortunately I cannot remember
the supplier. It has lasted well, and is woven from a cotton type of
thread rather than any sort of plastic. I have decided that I would
like to buy some with a smaller mesh to keep the butterflies off. Can
anyone please help me with a source?

Last year I bought some to keep off the cabbage whites the caterpillars
of which shredded all my brassicas in 2008. Last autumn I planted caulis
and, knowing I was going to be away from home for Nov & Dec, I used it
also to deter pigeons. Sadly that didn't prevent the mice from entering
from the basement - I was confronted with a sea of nipped off leaves
lying on the ground and well munched tops. But neither butterfly nor
pigeon had entered the cover:-))

I got the netting from link below:

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...Garden_Netting

HTH.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 25-02-2010, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
[...]

Thanks for the replies. I could not find "soft" netting at the site you
recommended Charlie, however I have ordered from Harrod Horticultural as
gopher recommended, though I have always thought them on the expensive
side!

Old 25-02-2010, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
[...]

http://www.lbsbuyersguide.co.uk/nett.../pest-control-
netting/heavy-duty-anti-bird-net.html
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 25-02-2010, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
writes
Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
[...]

Sorry Broadback .... but the anti butterfly netting _is_ made a kind of
plasticised material. Sorry, I didn't really absorb that when originally
reading your msg. Hope this doesn't affect too much - otherwise I sure
suspect can cancel the order if you call them.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 26-02-2010, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
[...]

Not to worry, it is soft and in fact woven rather than welded, or
however they make that awful green stuff, so I am sure it will be fine
and last well. If not let me have your address and I will apply for
compensation! ;-)

Old 27-02-2010, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 25, 4:40*pm, Broadback wrote:
Gopher wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
[...]

address are never read.- Hide quoted text -

I just thought you might like to know I just got an email from Harrod
Horticulture...if you quote offer code ECODE15 at checkout you get 10%
off your order...
Old 27-02-2010, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Feb 25, 4:40 pm, wrote:
Gopher wrote:
In , Broadback
writes
[...]

To late, to late he cried!

Old 28-02-2010, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Feb 27, 10:32*am, Broadback wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 25, 4:40 pm, *wrote:
Gopher wrote:
In , Broadback
*writes
[...]

Aah well perhaps you can use it on you next order...............unless
ofcourse you cancel and re-order......lol