Old 25-02-2010, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Bluebells again

"mogga" wrote in message
I went and had a peep at the back garden today to see whether the
rhubarb was popping up yet and noticed about 6 million bluebells. I'd
dug bagfulls of them up last year but still they come!

Are they of the Spanish variety? I can't get rid of mine either (planted by
previous resident)
They're worse than potatoes for popping up again if you leave even one.
I want only proper English bluebells here in my wood but they would be
impossible to establish if I can't get rid of the Spanish ones first.
It's not that they aren't attractive but I want everything in there to be
native plants.
Tina