Old 26-02-2010, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Bluebells again

"mogga" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:21:45 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
. ..
I went and had a peep at the back garden today to see whether the
rhubarb was popping up yet and noticed about 6 million bluebells. I'd
dug bagfulls of them up last year but still they come!

Are they of the Spanish variety? I can't get rid of mine either (planted
by
previous resident)
They're worse than potatoes for popping up again if you leave even one.
I want only proper English bluebells here in my wood but they would be
impossible to establish if I can't get rid of the Spanish ones first.
It's not that they aren't attractive but I want everything in there to be
native plants.
Tina

Yup Spanish monsters. I will have to have another go at removing some
this year ... but my efforts just seemed to give them more room to
expand.
I'm nearly out of immediate neighbours for them (Have given away tons
over the last few years) so it'll be freecycle this year for them.

They do look nice in flower though, its a small consolation.

If you really want to get rid of them, then harden your heart and treat the
foliage with weed killer.
Remember, a weed is just a plant in the wrong place.