Old 27-02-2010, 07:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ross McKay[_2_] Ross McKay[_2_] is offline

Default a new tomato record?

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 02:18:45 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

birds & possums (?) have been watching mine from within and without.
actually, now i'm starting to wonder if i'll get any at all!!

Sliding deftly from tomatoes to eggplants (NB: still within the genus!),
my Thai eggplant, that have been throwing me a few now and then to toss
into a green curry or laksa, have had fruit disappearing suddenly
overnight. Last night, I actually heard rustling as I passed the door
near them, and this morning there are no fruit to be seen. I suspect
either a rat or a possum, as there are both about at the moment. Grrr.

I reckon the same creature was having a go at my jalapeņos too, but
didn't get beyond the skin. Ha! I only hope it enjoyed it as much going
as coming.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"And it burns, burns, burns, burns