Old 27-02-2010, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Found

"Dave Hill" wrote
When we came back from the Hospital yesterday my Wife thought that
someone had been in through the gate, it was only around 5pm when I
was goingg out for a haircut that I spoted a package under the van, it
could easily have been there till Tuesday when we are due to go out
next.
It was a delivery from J Parker Dutch Bulbs(Wholesale)

2 grapevines Good roots and moderate tops.
Some early seed potatoes, look OK
5 Powder Puff Dahlia Anemone I t5uber totaly trashed
Three each of Vancouver 2 tubers with around 70% of bulbe broken
necked, I tuber with dahlia gall
and Avignon.Dahlias I tuber with severe rot and I with bad dahlia gall
Giant Goliath Lily Collection Look Good
Free begonias look OK
6 free agapanthus (free) 2 with wet rot, total write off

My verdict not good.
The problem with so mant firms like this they get everything
delivereds from Holland in bins,then just pick and pack with no
knowledge of the quality in the packs (And no interest either)

How find you al out there?

The worst mail order firm I've used was Jaques Amand, nothing I got from
them ever grew for more than 12 months. Sickly weedy plants that just didn't
thrive.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden