Old 28-02-2010, 07:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Black Heirloom Tomatoes

Thank you Farml for your post Sure makes me feel better about
growing some heirlooms this year and especially the black tomatoes! I
can hardly wait to taste my first one. I'm also growing some Cherokee
purple and Pruden's purple. I hear Pruden's purple does very well in my
area and tastes quite a bit like Brandywine but produces much earlier.
What I'm doing this year is planting quite a few different varieties.
Then each successive year, I'll plant a few extra of the ones that done
well and eliminate the ones that didn't or the tomatoes I didn't care
much for. I want to reach the point where I only have to put out about
a dozen and a half plants each year that are the very best tomatoes I
can grow in my garden. I know it's going to take more than a year or
two to get it right but I'm willing to invest some money and time for my
labor of love to grow some fine tomatoes

Thanks Again For Your Post! .........Rich