Old 28-02-2010, 07:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Intensive Gardening Has My Interest

Intensive gardening seems to produce great crops with many added
advantages to single row planting. I'm going to give it a shot this
year. I'm going to use a 50'x3 1/2' bed and see what happens as far as
the results. I like the idea of NO wasted space! My garden will be
double dug in ground and very well amended with leaf mold, compost and
slow release organic fertilizer. A lot of veggies from a small area?
We shall see, only time will tell but it does sound like a good idea
with some very sound reasoning to support the benefits. NO, I'm not
going to lay out a grid and get into the square foot aspect of it. Not
quite that serious yet.....LOL But I do plan on intercroping to try and
make the best use of space, fertilizer and water in order to grow a lot
of veggies in a small space. Create a micro climate for the plants? I
hope so because nothing in nature grows in a straight row.

Rich