Old 28-02-2010, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_5_] Zootal[_5_] is offline

Default Black Heirloom Tomatoes

(EVP MAN) wrote in news:17789-4B89F6FE-1214
@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hi Donna! I'll be starting my black tomatoes from seed this year. I
just went to Google and searched heirloom black tomato seeds. Here is
the site where I buy most of my seeds .......... Rich

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/black.htm

I've grown the Black Cherry tomato for several years. They are vigorous
vines and highly productive. The fruit is slightly large for a cherry
tomato, very nicely rounded, and the plants are loaded with them. This is
my favorite of all the tomatoes I grow. The flavor is delightful - very
rich classic purple tomato flavor.

I've grown Black Krim and Carbon, but they came in late in the season, and
the frost caught the plants loaded with huge green tomatoes. If you have a
longer growing season or if you start them early, they can produce quite a
bit. I'm going to try to space them further apart this year, as the plants
are quite large.

Baker Creek also has a lot of heirlooms, it's worth looking over their site
- www.rareseeds.com.