Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

Default Lime

On 1 Mar, 13:12, Broadback wrote:
Called into a DIY shop for some lime. They no longer stock it because a
H&S issues, though I think that may be a good cop out. It occurred to me
that builders merchants might be a cheap source. Is their lime ok for
gardens, or does it need more refining?
--
Skulking in the low lands of North Staffordshire
Please reply to group,emails to designated

AFIK, hydrated lime is hydrated lime wherever you get it from. I've
used the stuff builders' merchants use for years. I do let it weather
a bit after spreading - which you'd do anyway.

Rod