Old 19-04-2003, 09:44 AM
paghat

Default Salix integra 'Hakuro Nishiki'

In article , "BiG Orange" @ wrote:

I bought one of the Salix integra 'Hakuro Nishiki' a couple of weeks ago to
plant in our garden and must say I am very happy with it. We were actually
looking for another graphed type willow on a standard and stumbled across
this. Has anyone else had any experience with them? It seems to be growing
well and the pink shoots are beautiful! I thought it was a little pricey @
89.99 but it was a good specimen with a nice straight standard.

I know it's a little late, but does anyone have any comments on this plant?
(good or bad)

B.O.

I put up a webpage for mine:
http://www.paghat.com/hishiki.html
I quite enjoy it, as it has extravagant color-changes through the seasons
so is very interesting to observe. Yet I have never thought it quite
"held" a location as a showpiece by itself. So mine has a ninebark & an
ironclad rhody as nearby companions, & I recently added a Viburnum
sargentiana "Onondaga". As this grouping ages they make a nice mixed
texture.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"