Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Plant Propagation Machines

For winter reading I just got this book. A very interesting book! So Far!
"Creative Propagation 2ed by Peter Thompson" ISBN-10: 0881926817
This book is has my brown thumb getting a little sore. This book is
packed with information and is going to take me a while to absorb.

Expanding my garden horizon here. Learning to make new plants from
cuttings. I want lots of shrubs - cheap, time is not important. This
book has my brain cooking (bad). It talks about these Plant Cloning
Machines. I am hard pressed to find any negative information about these
machines. Other machines are in the hundreds of dollars. I could buy
five "Daisy 8" machines over the "Power Cloner 45" or the "EZ Clone
Machine - 30". Are they worth getting?

I was looking at getting a cheap one to start off with, the
"Daisy Cloner 8" it was the cheapest that I could find.
http://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Hydro...p/B001JL0BLM/r
ef=pd_sbs_k_2

Are these machines worth it?
Will I regret the cheap "Daisy Cloner 8" to start of with?
Is it better to just put cuttings into some cloning gel?

I know I can't use apple fruit seeds reliably and I do not want some
grafted tree onto cheap or shorten root stock. Can I make a full size
fruit tree or a rose bush from a cutting that matches the parent?

Enjoy Life... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.