Old 05-03-2010, 03:22 PM posted to triangle.gardens
WesD WesD is offline

Default Weather

On Mar 2, 3:42*pm, mj wrote:
On Mar 2, 1:48*pm, wrote:

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:57:35 -0500 in *wrote:

So does crying wolf, but only up to a point. It then becomes
counterproductive.

I used to believe that... then I started observing people that
get their news from the TV. *Alternate between crying wolf and
crying celebrity scandal, and they keep coming right back to it.

--
Chris Dukes

Well let me tell you about the weather here this afternoon.Around 2:00
all h broke out. 34 mph winds and a down pour like I haven't seen in a
long time. The predictions were for this evening. I go back to what my
Dad always said(and many others) if you want the forcast look out the
window!hat

MJ

Well that is why they are called predictions. I have a 80% success
rate in predicting the weather 24 hours in advance by just saying, the
weather tomorrow will be just like today. It's that last 20% that is
difficult.

They never know exactly where the fronts will meet so the prediction
will most likely be true, but 50 miles away from us.

There is a great book on chaos by james gleick that explains
repeatable patterns of randomness. The weather, the stockmarket, the
economy, and even Flu spread follow those patterns. Though some
people believe that an unproven force called god is the cause. But
even the rise and fall of civilizations and religions follow
repeatable patterns of randomness.

I now return to the subject of gardening. Time to check may seed
stock and see what I need to replenish. Think I will hand till a row
or two and plant peas and chard.