Old 05-03-2010, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Plant Propagation Machines

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

These things are babies and if you can't raise babies the old fashioned way
then a state of the art pricey one won't be any better than the old
fashioned and cheap way and it sounds like you havent' raised cuttings yet
by any method so try the old way first - it may save you tiem and money in
the long run.

Correct, I have not tried propagation by cuttings yet. Expanding my
horizons here. That is why I asked first if anyone has used these
propagation cloning machines. The book I purchased seems to be a good
one for my first propagation book. I am the experimenter type and I am
in no hurry

I have 12 acres to play with.

:-(( You have my sympathies as that is too big to have for a garden and too
small to run animals.

If, A big IF, I can scape up the cash, I would like to build a small
barn and get two goats. I think they would have plenty of room. I just
want a little hobby farm, nothing commercial. Hmmm... 4 acres are woods,
2 acres for my 1,500 sq ft home and yard, 6 acres left for my chickens,
apiaries, vegetable, flower garden and maybe two goats. Chickens are not
fenced in, the vegetable garden is. Right now without the goats, I have
plenty of room for me, my chickens and my little yorkie can run his
little heart out!

Also it seems from past posters the success rate from cuttings seems to
be very low, less than ten percent. I get about eighty percent success
rate from seed starting. I do not know what the success rate might be
from using a cloning machine.

So far no one here has a propagation cloning machine. Interesting.

Enjoy Life... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.