Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Daniel B. Martin[_2_] Daniel B. Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Weather

WesD wrote:

Dan, was that serious or tongue in cheek?

It was written in jest. We humans *wish* we could control the weather.

In a couple hundred years we may know the final answer.

Yes, and I'm going to be here to witness it!
(Another bit of jest.)

I do believe we are in a period of warming ...

Agreed.

... but I truly cannot say that it is man made and/or just
natural randomness causing it.

Agreed.

I don't take sides in the Climate Change controversy.
However, I am annoyed by the alarmists who declare
"The science is in, the debate is over."
No, the debate is *not* over.

We are guilty of plundering our fossil fuels like drunken sailors go
through casks of rum. Will technology save or butts or finish us
off?? Stay tuned news at 11. :-)

Veering off into the political realm...
Our leaders don't understand that the major conflicts of the 21st
century will be not military, but economic. The countries which have
(or can make) the most energy will be the victors. We need to build
nuclear power plants, lots of them, and start right now.
Self-sufficiency is the key to survival.

Dan Martin