Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David D David D is offline

Default Is it possible to have too many worms?

Marq;879212 Wrote:
Under and around the rim of my "Dalek"(plastic compost bin) there are
reddish worms trying to escape.
I introduced these worms I had remaining after a fishing trip last
summer,
dendrobaena I think.
Forgive me for my ignorance but have I created an environment that they

don't like?
All that is in the bin is organic refuse from the garden and kitchen,
and
no cooked stuff.

Sorry about this but I have more questions for you later when I
understand
and absorb these basic questions I have already asked you all

Thanks again
Marq

I have two "Dalek" type bins and when I lift the lids off there are always
a lot of earthworms around the rim, probably just a thing that worms do!!