Old 19-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Sandy

Default low light suggestions

"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm a newbie, so.. FWIW...

I think crypts are considered foreground plants.. they don't get all that
tall..

I have a 48x15x18(deep) tank with a 30 watt white fluorescent tube on 10
hours per day. The tank is planted with various Crypts. most of which grow
to the surface and above it. The plants are in a substrate consisting of a
small layer of potting compost ( the type used for plant pots) and a 4 inch
layer of gravel over it.
I don't think I have ever had a plant that grows the same in different
tanks, they can be big in one and small in another.
Buy some plants and see which ones grow best for you and take a note of the
names, just like in gardening get to know what grows best for you under your
conditions and stick to them.

HTH.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy