Old 07-03-2010, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Arkadiusz Dymek Arkadiusz Dymek is offline

Default Planting Crops By Moon Phases

W dniu 3/7/2010 1:40 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
EVP MAN wrote:
Does anyone think that planting crops by the phase of the moon really
makes any difference at all? Myself, I'm kind of a sceptic about
this whole moon phase thing.

Rich

It is a branch of astrology and like astrology there is no reliable
evidence that it works. If it worked you might expect there to be
statistical evidence that planting at some phases of the moon gives
better results than others even if no mechanism was known. You might
also expect a reasonable mechanism to be proposed that is consistent
with known physics, chemistry and biology, and that could be tested to
see how strong its effect was. Neither statistics nor testable mechanism
exist.

Well, actually the explanations I've heard had more to with the moon's
impact on sea tides (moon's effect on plants' fluids circulation in this
case) than with astrology, but no hard evidence either.

Best regards,
Arkadesh