Old 07-03-2010, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Planting Crops By Moon Phases

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

Does anyone think that planting crops by the phase of the moon really
makes any difference at all? Myself, I'm kind of a sceptic about
this whole moon phase thing.

Rich

http://www.astrologie-info.com/mocal...ng&sidtrop=sid

Nay what effects can there be on us from a object so far away? OK
tides and menstrual periods but plant life come on.

Bill

Even the influence on MPs is very doubtful. The average MP interval (28
days) doesn't closely match the interval between full moons (29 1/2) and
individual women have cycles that are even less closely related. Why don't
other mammals have a cycle that matches the moon? Our closest relatives the
bonobos and chimpanzees have cycles of 35 and 45 days. If controlled by the
moon why are all women not synchronised? This connection is poor science
and much history and superstition, just like astrology.

David