Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default feeding the soil

"Devlin" wrote

Hi All Just turned over the plot today snow just cleared 2 days ago and
I am amazed at the lack of worms although robin found plenty other
things to eat any way last year was pretty hopeless crop wise PH is fine
how do I test for nutrients or should I use a general fertilizer

There are test kits available but you can also send off samples of your soil
for a professional test, one of our allotment holders does. If I see him
I'll ask where he sends it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden