Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eddie G[_2_] Eddie G[_2_] is offline

Default fertilizer question for vegetables

I am a pharmacist and have a bottle of potassium nitrate. I figure I
can just work it into the soil when I prepare my garden as
fertilizer?? Or should I sprinkle it on the ground after the plants
are growing.

I also have a bag of lawn starter fertilizer that has not been used in
almost 10 years. I was going to throw it away, but wanted to know if
that would work for a vegetable garden. Again, should I work it into
the soil before planting?

Thanks