Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Ceanothus question

In article , Sacha
writes
Tie it to a post? I seem to have experience of them being very
rambunctious and ready to take on the universe!

Not sure that would look too artistic! I wondered if i could cut the
most annoying branches back a bit or would you get a lot of die back
with this shrub?
It's got a lot of growth anyway, so it wouldn't look too unbalanced,
however most books say not to prune ceanothus, is that because those
branches won't regrow or because something more dire will happen?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph