Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default Pruning book recommendations?

Donwill wrote:
Janet Tweedy wrote:
As usual I lent my RHS book to someone and haven't seen it since!
However I did think as it was so old anyway I might fork out for a
new up to date book on pruning.

I need a fairly comprehensive one not a pretty coffee table one so
I'd be really grateful for recommendations from any one out there
please.

I am assuming that some pruning methods and timing have been altered
to take into account global warming and also the new shrubs being
grown nowadays in the UK.

Janet

I have a book which I purchased from a second hand book shop in Hay,
it's called " The Gardener's Guide to Pruning" by H Fraser, I find it
useful but it's the only pruning book I've got so I cannot make any
comparisons.
It might be useful to delve through some second hand book shops as I
often do. Slightly off topic however, I have collected over many years
all the books written by Michael Howarth Booth which I find really
informative and a pleasant and amusing read. I also have a full set of
Bean's collected in this way.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings.
Cheers
Don

I noticed that Amazon had a few used at approx £4 inc delivery.
Don