Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Take care watering

Mike Lyle wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
I just had to post this excert from an item in the Malta Times,

[...]
Censu Farrugia, known as Ta' Puzzu, yesterday said no rock cutting had
taken place for quite some time in the area that collapsed.

[...]
Ah the great Maltese nickname! I gather they're so significant that
there's even a space for one's ekename on government forms.

In the Utter Hebrides everyone has a nickname. When you look at the
telephone directory and see how many Macleods, Mackays, Macdonalds,
Mackenzies, Smiths etc that there are, and that most have Gaelic names,
you understand the necessity.

"Do you know Alasdair Macleod?"

"Seall, now would that be Alasdair mac Lachlan mac Uilleam, Alasdair og
mac Aggi, Alasdair Macleod mac Alasdair Ruadh? etc.

It's probably for the same reason on Malta innit.

--
Rusty