Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Resurrecting a hedge trimmer

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
brooklyn1 wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:15:41 -0500, Grub
wrote:

Unfortunately the cut is right near the end of the cord towards the
handle of the trimmer/ I'll try contacting B&D but I guess they will
just tell me to buy a new trimmer!!

Hmm, then the cord wasn't cut by that trimmer.

For the cost of repairs. Corded trimmers are cheap.
Get a new one. Get a cordless, battery or gas.

Enjoy Life... Dan

Battery powered trimmers are good for cutting twigs and when the battery
dies, the replacement is about what you paid for the trimmer in the
first place.

Gas has the power, and expensive to repair, but unless you are landed
gentry, you will just ****-off the neighbors when you fire it up.

For home use, get a corded trimmer.

I will agree with your assessment on the trimmers.
I do have land. The gentry label is questionable

Enjoy Life... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.