Old 13-03-2010, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mice in the snail and slug baits

"Rachels" wrote

A couple of days ago I bought some slug/snail baits (no beer baits,
using another substance). These are not supposed to harm wildlife other
than slugs & snails. Unfortunately, I've had 2 drowned mice in the
baits - I don't want to hurt mice in the garden.

Would this happen if I used beer rather than false bait? Is there any
way I can avoid it happening?

What is this magical stuff that drowns mice? I want lots of it, wonder if it
will drown rats as well, might just get some Peas and Sweetcorn if it works.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden