Old 15-03-2010, 05:02 PM
DebbieR DebbieR is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Christina Websell" wrote ...

Ah, if you have rats, you need to get the terrier men in. I can provide
you with a link to a place where you can find such people who would like
to exercise their terriers on your rats free of charge.

Having poultry, rats are always a problem for me. I used to poison them,
but decided it was unkind.
We have a rat hunt here every couple of months when the chaps come with a
few dogs - they smoke them out and what I like is that the rats either get
away scot free if the dogs miss them or they don't. There is no lingering
death. A mega second if they are caught otherwise they get away and thumb
their nose until next time.
I recommend this method for rat control since I found a poisoned one dying
slowly, I made my mind up then I would never use poison again. Ever.
It's cruel.

The thought of a load of big feet and dogs tearing about on my allotment
does not appeal, would ruin the delicate soil structure for a start and
would not do the young plants much good. The mice live underground so you
would have to dig them out. Poison is the only answer.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/mou...s-c-24_25.html

They might have something for the slugs too, always worth a look.