Old 18-03-2010, 12:42 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SG1[_3_] SG1[_3_] is offline

Default The second coming is here!

"Jeßus" wrote in message
Gary Woods wrote:
wrote:

Also have Chinese Artichokes established - but have not yet tried them,
no idea what they taste like.

Quite similar to JAs, though smaller and more fiddley to prepare.

The pics I've seen, they look like little white grubs
The plant itself is growing/spreading like crazy right now... I'm starting
to wonder if I chose a suitable spot or not to plant it - in amongst what
are mostly herbs. If it keeps growing at this rate, it's going to take
over.

My JAs are very close to flowering now. In typical unpredictable fashion,
February here was pretty cool and we even had frost. March has been much
warmer... quite a few days close to 30°, so a lot of things are still
powering on. Even my tomatoes, most of which lost all foliage in the first
frost are still alive, with the fruit ripening nicely.
Oh but it *will* get cold here, no doubt about that... typical mid-winter
temp minimum is around -6°.

Geez sounds like Alice Springs in winter.

by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw